Let’s state the obvious: The pandemic has been stressful and exhausting. So it’s no surprise that you’ve probably heard all sorts of advice about how important it is to practice self care and what self care tips you should follow for your physical and emotional well-being.
This post will guide you to what is self-care exactly and some quick self care tips you can follow and make part of your daily schedule.
Bonus: These tips won’t burn a hole in your pocket and still make you feel like a kingpin. *wink wink*
What is self Care?
Let’s clear up one common misconception from the get-go: Self-care is not synonymous with self-indulgence or being selfish.
Self-care means taking care of yourself so that you can be healthy, you can be well and you can live.
In simpler words, self-care is your self dedicated program for taking care of yourself, especially your mental and emotional health.
Does it make a difference?
Self care brings “Order in Chaos” by giving you a break so that you can rejuvenate and then work more productively.
And also if it means leisure to you its good cause it will make you happy, giving you a reason to live.
You know that this qween is making wonders indeed and going through hardships all this while so to put her mind, body and soul at peace she absolutely needs a *me time*
And also yes, I know that right now is one of the busiest months for many people. So, it’s just another reason to follow this self care tips.
“Yeah… Wait, what?”
That’s right! The more work or chores you have to do, the more you need your *me time* .
Skip your self-care for a week or two and you’ll start to look tired, the stress-weight will instantly add on + you’ll be on your way to burnout (which is way harder to recover from).
“Ok, but I don’t have time for this. I don’t have time for anything!”
Trust me, you do. Also, these self care tips includes activities that are quick and integrate seamlessly into your everyday life.
There are so many things you can do that won’t take much of your busy schedule!
Also, as I said before these self care tips and ideas are feasible, and will not burn a hole in your pocket and transform you into your Glow Up version. *claps excitedly*
“This can’t get better”
Indeed. So, here are some budget friendly self care ideas that I personally follow for a better lifestyle and you can too.
51 Budget Friendly Self Care Tips For A Better Lifestyle
- Go for a walk and get some fresh air
- Wear clothes that make me feel good
- Listen to Music(a soul therapy better than doctor’s)
- List 10 things that I am grateful for
- Go on a self date
- Get more sleep
- Set my favorite song as alarm
- Goof around(scientifically proven it is healthy)
- Watch the clouds
- Stargaze outside
- Be selfish(yes its wonderful)
- Say NO
- Have a self talk
- Or Journal at the end of the day
- Get active(no reason not to)
- Have a Massage
- Watch funny YouTube videos
- Drink more water
- Step out of my comfort zone(a new life is waiting )
- Cook myself a nice meal
- Set a daily reminder of “I am amazing”(which indeed is true)and believe it
- Drive without destination
- Be a little madder
- Have a Solo Dance Party
- Say Positive affirmations
- Invite over my favorite humans
- Ask for help(it is necessary)
- Sing at the top of my lungs
- Do some coloring
- Wear PJs all Day
- Ditch Toxic Relationships
- Light a Candle and take a moment
- Or Treat myself my favorite perfume
- Have a good cry(it can unexpectedly be good)
- Send thank you letters
- Indulge in reading
- Create a morning routine
- List my priorities
- Declutter(helps to improve mood)
- Get myself a new hobby
- Stretch my body
- Notice body and feelings
- Get myself a gift
- Schedule a me time
Self care may sound like a selfish luxury, but it’s nothing of that. But instead, Self care gives you the energy to pursue the things that really matter(i.e. you)—and that’s a great use of time.